Beauty Product Review: Topshop Lip Glaze in Sorbet

Monday, July 14, 2014

Topshop Lip Glaze in Sorbet
Review: Topshop Lip Glaze in Sorbet
I'm here today, with my very first review! I'm reviewing the Topshop lip glaze in Sorbet, which you already know if you read the title. 




I actually got this product quite a while ago when I went to London, and they didn't have Topshop in Canada yet, which is around 3 years ago, for those Canadians keeping track.  But, I never actually opened or used the product until a little while ago, so hopefully it isn't expired or something haha... this is what happens when you hoard too many lip products and never get around to actually using them. Anyways, I'm not sure that they still have this product for sale, because I haven't seen it in store or online, but the Topshop Lip Cream is very similar, with the applicator and from what I can tell of the consistency from the swatches on the website. 
Topshop Lip Glaze
Topshop had fabulous clothes, but their beauty section isn't particularly well-known, although it should be! I got this for around £7.00, which is around $13.00 I think? A little on the pricier side, but I would have bought it anyways because of how cute the packaging is. Can't go wrong with that polka-dotted lid! Speaking of packaging, topshop cosmetics have an adorable sort of "hand-drawn" sort of theme to it. The patterns and fonts look like they've been drawn on with a crayon or something, which gives it a really cute look! I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging :$


Lip Gloss Lid


lip glaze swatch


The color is called "sorbet" and it's basically a nice red/pink color that's a tiny bit shimmery. Here's a swatch done under natural light. The color is very pretty, and looks quite natural on my lips. It goes on sheer, and can be built up to a vibrant color. But, the consistency is pretty thick, and quite sticky, so I think it'd feel kind of gross to have too much of the product on your lips.


Lip Glaze applicator
Here's a picture of the applicator. Works nicely, and the size is just right. And, forgot to mention, it smells nice! A sweet smell, kind of like sorbet or candy? Not too strong though so it's no overpowering. Your lips are right below your nose after all.



I thought the color would look nice for a lip gradient effect, but turns out that didn't really work, because the color was too sheer to really build it up in the center, so I ended up just using it as an all-over color. 


Price: ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
A little pricey, but to be expected from topshop, because things there usually aren't too cheap. Good quality though, worth it!
Product:♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
Color is really nice, not drying on my lips, smooth glossy texture. A little thick though, and kind of on the sticky side. Watch out for windy days, this lip gloss becomes a hair magnet. 
Packaging: ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
Love the artsy cute design! Favourite part about this product haha :) 

Overall: It's a nice product, smells good, pretty color, prettier packaging. Go check out the cosmetics at your nearest topshop! Or online if your lazy like me. 

Ever tried any beauty products from Topshop? Let me know your recommendations! ( or the ones you hated so I don't waste my money) 

Thanks for reading 

♥︎
Suzy



 



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love Topshop's cream blushes and their lipsticks are lovely!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely go check those out next time :)

      Delete
  2. I love that packaging! We have topshop here but they don't carry make-up :(

    xo, Pau
    http://bookshelvesandvanities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so cute :) well, at least you can shop online!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe