My Top 5 Fall/Winter 2014 Fashion Trends

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cold weather aside, I actually really love fall and winter because of the fashion! It's always refreshing to see the seasons changing because it feels like you've gotten a whole new closet when you bring out the fall clothes! Honestly, I love sweater weather  ♥

*Pictures in this post aren't mine, taken from tumblr!

In this post I'm going to share some cold weather fashion inspiration and popular fashion trends for this season. 

1. Houndstooth 

Houndstooth seems to be a popular pattern this season. I think it has a very classic and luxurious vibe to it and looks really cute on dresses and skirts. I recently got a houndstooth scarf and it also adds a nice touch to my winter/fall coordinates!


2. Skirts and Loose Sweaters

I think this is always a popular look for fall and winter, and it's a nice way to wear your summer skirts in the cooler weather! I personally love wearing skirts, but at the same time I don't want my legs to freeze off in the winter so wearing it with tights or knee socks and a pretty sweater makes a nice transition into fall/winter. Wearing an fuller skirt underneath a long loose sweater also gives the outfit a girly touch.

3. Plaid

Another popular pattern this season is plaid! It's such a classy pattern makes an outfit look really preppy (in a good way). I always associate it with fall for some reason, and there's so many varieties of it you can always find one to suit your style. Although I've never been a fan of plaid button downs, because they always seem to look kind of strange on me, I do love it on scarves, skirts, and dresses. 

4. Fuzzy Sweaters 
I think that these types of fuzzy sweaters are super cute, and really warm too! Yay for practical fashions that you won't freeze in during the winter, haha. I've seen these sweaters in practically every color possible, and they look quite nice paired with leggings or dark skinny jeans, or even with a skirt like in trend #2. They're also super soft and cozy :)

5. Long Cardigans


Another practical and stylish trend to wear to this winter is long cardigans! Love how this keeps you really warm as well, and goes nicely with so many things. Looks casual and chic paired with just a t-shirt and jeans, but also looks nice with a dress or top + skirt combo. It's perfect for cooler weather since it goes past your butt, haha :) 

So that's my top five favourite trends for this season, and I'm really excited to wear them. Winter fashion makes the cold weather slightly more bearable. 
What are your favourite trends for this season, or go-to outfits for colder weather? Let me know in the comments :)

Thanks for reading!
♥ 
Suzy

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. my fave is number two~ Skirts and Loose Sweaters. I just can't get enough of loose sweaters~~ it's so cold these days I need some more, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's probably my favourite thing to wear during the winter, loose sweater are just so cozy and cute :)

      Delete
  2. I love all fashion trends this Fall/Winter, but I love especially number two and five! Great blogspot!!
    Love,Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuzzy jumpers are the coziest ;) Thanks for stopping by. Followed back on g+ and bloglovin. xx Maja
    - http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Argentina so right now we're in Spring (!!) and I kind of hate it because I want to experience a cold snowy Christmas but I can't :'( Love the items you selected, tho :)
    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin? take a look at my blog and let me know ;)
    xx

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess having snow for Christmas makes everything seem more in the holiday spirit, but you can always travel to somewhere with snow! Thank you, and I'll definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  5. I love to match sweaters with skirts too! Also trench coats never get old :) x
    http://zhixingeralyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my go to outfits this season! And I agree, trench coats are a classic :)

      Delete
  6. I love Houndstooth pattern too XD, Its really popular recently :D
    I have fuzzy sweater, I really like to wear this sweater I feel warm and cool at the same time haha :D
    anw followed u back :D

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe