Beauty Product Review ~ Bee Care Calendula Toner by Holika Holika

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hello everyone! I'm here with a review of the Bee Care Calendula toner by Holika Holika. I actually got this quite a while ago and mentioned it in one of my hauls and some of you requested reviews, and now I finally got around to doing it! Sorry it took me so long...

If you've read some of my earlier posts on skincare products, you'll know that I have oily and acne-prone skin, so I'm always trying out products that are suited for acne and problem skin. I think that most Korean skincare brands have a line or two designed for treating acne, and this "bee care" line was the one that I found at Holika Holika while I was looking for a new toner and lotion to replace my last one. One, the bee inspired packaging is adorable, and the toner features calendula leaves, which I've heard are very good for the skin and is also in Kiehl's famous toner (which is much pricier!) so I decided I'd give it a shot!



The packaging is obviously adorable, it's bumblebee themed with yellow stripes and a brown lid. 
Pretty typical packaging for a toner, the kind you just pour out to dispense.

Even the outside packaging is very cute :) 


According to the bottle, the product is described as "hypo-allergenic mild skin care line that makes the skin clean and clear with propolis extract and calendula extract.

I took a look at the list of ingredients, and here's what some of the key ones do:

Calendula Extract: Calendula is the flower that you see floating around inside the toner, and it's supposed to have anti-bacterial, anti-flammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
Propolis Extract:  propolis is a resinous mixture that is collected by bees. It has anti-bacterial and antiflammatory properties.

It also contains salicylic acid, witch hazel extract, and aloe leaf juice, which are ingredients that often in anti-acne products.

As you can see here, there's a bunch of propolis petals at the bottom of the bottle.

So, now for my personal experience with the product! I found this toner to be more gentle than the other toner that I reviewed previously from the face shop (link here), maybe it had less alcohol? It has a nice light scent, compared to some more heavily scented toners which is good because usually excessive fragrance comes from chemicals. Also, some toners can feel a bit drying after use, some thing I didn't experience with this one which was definitely a plus, especially as I used it in winter. 
Recently, my acne has been getting better, now I'm dealing mostly with scars, and some occasional smaller breakouts. Not sure if I'd credit it entirely to this toner, but I think it's probably just my more meticulous skincare routine in general. It definitely did not break me out though!
Personally, I think this toner does a pretty good job, especially since it's rather gentle and probably better for sensitive skin than some other stronger toners. 

Pros:
+ cute packaging!
+ Gentle, not drying
+ many natural ingredients

Cons:
- Not super effective on acne

Generally, I think this was a pretty good product, and it definitely did it's job for me, and is a toner I would consider using again in the future!
I bought this in my local Holika Holika store for around $20 I believe (can't remember exactly) but you can also order this on Koreadepart for only $9.18! I think that Holika Holika came out with a new acne care line though, so I don't know if they're going to discontinue this line or not, but it seems to be getting harder to find... better stock up haha!

Thank you for reading this post, and let me know if you've tried anything from this line before, or some of your favourite skincare products for warm weather!
Suzy

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I don't think I've ever tried anything from this brand but I've heard of it before. Does it smell nice? If it smelled like honey that would be cool!

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a light flowery and sweet scent, sort of like honey :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Thanks for the review. I have oily skin as well, so I will definitely consider checking out this toner!

    beauteajess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, do make a review if you decide to try it out!

      Delete
  3. It's so cute ^^ not exactly "moisturizing" but it doesn't leave the skin feeling dry at all like lots of other toners do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is super cute! The ingredients sound really nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea they had this line of skincare at Holika Holika! The bottle is cute and the calendula pieces inside makes it feel so lux!

    Thanks for the review.

    http://pebblepenn.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd never really seen reviews of it, I only noticed it in store! haha, agreed, It's usually in high-end products.

      Delete
  6. That was amazing! You should check our বুলুফিলিন that is one of the most effective things you ever watched! This will blow your mind. Check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe